Every online poker player knows the importance of concentration, however many of these players put themselves in an environment where they will be distracted during tournaments. These tips are aimed at people wanting to make a profit from poker, not people who want to play casually. If you enjoy playing poker for ‘fun’ then this isn’t for you – poker isn’t a hobby to me, it’s a second income.
1. TV. This is a given, if you’re watching TV no only can dewapoker you miss hands being dealt to you, but all the time you are distracted from the poker game you are not picking up on vital information about other players, such as; are they tight, aggressive, loose, passive etc. These are factors that will increase the amount of money you make in online poker, so missing them is not acceptable.
2. Mobile Phone. There’s a difference between being not being contactable and being distracted. If you have your phone on silent, you will still see important incoming calls – which is perfectly reasonable. What’s not beneficial is texting people small talk or irrelevant things. Consider your time playing poker a job to you, if you take it seriously you will make money from it.
3. Other websites. There are just too many distraction to name on the internet when it comes to websites. From Social Networks to video sites, the internet is full of addictive website which consume our concentration. If needed, change your ‘parental’ setting to only allow you on certain sites – just for when you’re playing online poker.
1. Music. Online poker can be enjoyable with just background music. Some people do find this to be a distraction too, but most good poker players can learn all the information they need about their opponents whilst listening to music.
2. Poker odds calculator. For new players this can be a great tool to help learn the odds for different hands. Once you’ve mastered the odds your online and offline poker game will be greatly improved, and you won’t need to use the calculator anymore!
Distractions when playing poker can be detrimental to your winnings. If you’re playing poker casually, there’s no problem watching TV etc – it’s only if you’re serious about making money that it matters. Use these online poker tips for free by using no deposit poker bonuses at the best poker sites on the web, to give you a starting bankroll at no cost to you!